One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feature of certain amplifier circuits which gives a constant output over a wide range of input levels.
- ‘Other features include automatic gain control, silence suppression and encryption.’
- ‘Images were collected without automatic gain control in order to preserve the relative intensity of different animals' fluorescence.’
- ‘The devices have to have an automatic gain control circuit to work with this, but no special software or an operating system.’
- ‘The microphone did not have automatic gain control.’
- ‘One full spectrum was recorded followed by 3 MS / MS spectra on the LTQ instrument, automatic gain control was applied and the collision energy was set to the arbitrary value of 35.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.