Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A company which manufactures cars.
- ‘Customers still think they get more value for their money from overseas automakers.’
- ‘In doing so, the automakers might finally get more attention from the world's financial markets.’
- ‘Consumers like it best when the automakers package the features to reflect the buyers' expectations.’
- ‘It is the same process automakers use when unveiling concept vehicles.’
- ‘These are initiatives that automakers and dealers are taking to ensure their customers' loyalty.’
- ‘And it will, just so long as the automakers produce the right vehicles for these markets.’
- ‘To remain viable, the big automakers had to revamp their business models.’
- ‘Gone are the days when U.S. automakers could make cars first and think about marketing later.’
- ‘The meeting was attended by the automaker's top marketing executives from its various product brands.’
- ‘The largest automakers are very different businesses today than they were at the start of the decade.’
- ‘Worst yet, the Big Three automakers are steadily losing market share here.’
- ‘The two biggest domestic automakers have been dealing with falling market share and slowing sales.’
- ‘It will become the French automaker's global brand for emerging markets.’
- ‘The liberalized policy would not necessarily bring in inward investment from foreign automakers.’
- ‘Racing success validates everything an automaker or supplier wants to say about its products and brand.’
- ‘A number of automakers offer a combination of the two systems as well.’
- ‘Already, of course, automakers are huge fans of advertising in videogames.’
- ‘California state regulators forced automakers to bring electric cars to market.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.