Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘There is no vaccine, and none is likely because the role of autoimmunity in pathogenesis is under dispute.’
- ‘Further studies are needed to delineate fully the link between infection and autoimmunity.’
- ‘These genes explain the tendency for autoimmunity to run in families, with variable expressions of disease in affected individuals.’
- ‘The importance of innate immune mechanisms in controlling viral infections, cancer and autoimmunity is currently an area of intense research.’
- ‘Any misstep can either lead to a flawed immune defense or to allergy, even autoimmunity.’
- ‘There are perhaps up to 100 diseases where autoimmunity is involved in one way or other, including diabetes, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.