One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is no vaccine, and none is likely because the role of autoimmunity in pathogenesis is under dispute.’
- ‘The importance of innate immune mechanisms in controlling viral infections, cancer and autoimmunity is currently an area of intense research.’
- ‘There are perhaps up to 100 diseases where autoimmunity is involved in one way or other, including diabetes, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘Any misstep can either lead to a flawed immune defense or to allergy, even autoimmunity.’
- ‘These genes explain the tendency for autoimmunity to run in families, with variable expressions of disease in affected individuals.’
- ‘Further studies are needed to delineate fully the link between infection and autoimmunity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.