One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to disease caused by antibodies or lymphocytes produced against substances naturally present in the body.‘the infection triggers an autoimmune response’
- ‘It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.’
- ‘Patients with autoimmune liver disease, drug-induced hepatitis and alcoholic liver injury were excluded.’
- ‘Patients with this primary immunodeficiency disorder are at risk for autoimmune diseases and cancer.’
- ‘In autoimmune diseases, antibodies attack the body itself.’
- ‘It is associated with autoimmune illnesses, including rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The findings may provide new approaches for treating cancer and autoimmune diseases.’
- ‘The result is an increased risk of autoimmune diseases, in which your immune system attacks your body's own cells.’
- ‘With disease progression, the autoimmune response of the disease may become more difficult to suppress.’
- ‘Rheumatoid arthritis is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease of unknown cause.’
- ‘Another common autoimmune rheumatic disease in which the skin is often injured is lupus erythematosus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.