One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Consequently, an increase in autogamous self-pollination may be achieved with little reduction of outcrossed male fitness.’
- ‘Like tomato and pepper, eggplant is an autogamous diploid with 12 chromosomes.’
- ‘I estimated the amount of autogamous pollination by comparing the stigmatic pollen loads of intact and emasculated flowers.’
- ‘The success of hybrid maize has produced interest in developing hybrids in autogamous crops.’
- ‘Unlike maize, rice is predominantly autogamous and, hence, gene flow is restricted.’
- ‘Wild barley is a predominantly autogamous annual grass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.