One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He reigned autocratically for more than 32 years, but following his downfall his handpicked successor led a transitional government into free elections.’
- ‘A party with an overwhelming majority cannot ignore the voices of civil society or political opposition, without risking both the accusation of arrogance and the insidious temptation to act autocratically.’
- ‘In fact, he did not use the Constitution but governed autocratically.’
- ‘He would often submit questions to them, asking their advice. He kept them informed of his actions, rather than behaving autocratically.’
- ‘This agreement, made in secret and implemented autocratically, tramples underfoot the democratic rights of refugees.’
- ‘Faculty members complained that he behaved autocratically in establishing the center without soliciting their advice and consent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.