One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A software function that automatically makes or suggests corrections for mistakes in spelling or grammar made while typing.‘disable autocorrect so you can see your mistakes and find your weak spots’
- ‘Hit the spacebar and just like autocorrect, the replacement will appear.’
- ‘The texter had typed "gunna," but Autocorrect had a better idea.’
- ‘It introduced the world to capacitive touchscreens and virtual keyboards and autocorrect and a real mobile web browser.’
- ‘I try to type "geocentric" and discover that I have typed "egocentric"; is Autocorrect making a sort of cosmic joke?’
- ‘Even after two days, with the keyboard's great layout and perfect size, I was leaning just as hard on the autocorrect on the Storm as I ever did on the iPhone.’
(of a software function) automatically correct (mistakes in spelling or grammar)‘people rely on machines and phones to autocorrect spellings’
- ‘My iPhone keeps autocorrecting when I don't want it to.’
- ‘Another issue to watch is terms that Google autocorrects.’
- ‘I remember back in the day one could set up Microsoft Word to "autocorrect" common misspellings.’
- ‘It has the standard support for expanding small text snippets into full phrases, but also supports variables, autocorrects spelling, emulates key presses, and much more.’
- ‘MS Word also apparently autocorrects chapati to chapatti.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.