One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A software function that automatically makes or suggests corrections for mistakes in spelling or grammar made while typing.‘disable autocorrect so you can see your mistakes and find your weak spots’
- ‘Hit the spacebar and just like autocorrect, the replacement will appear.’
- ‘The texter had typed "gunna," but Autocorrect had a better idea.’
- ‘I try to type "geocentric" and discover that I have typed "egocentric"; is Autocorrect making a sort of cosmic joke?’
- ‘Even after two days, with the keyboard's great layout and perfect size, I was leaning just as hard on the autocorrect on the Storm as I ever did on the iPhone.’
- ‘It introduced the world to capacitive touchscreens and virtual keyboards and autocorrect and a real mobile web browser.’
(of a software function) automatically correct (mistakes in spelling or grammar)‘people rely on machines and phones to autocorrect spellings’
- ‘Another issue to watch is terms that Google autocorrects.’
- ‘MS Word also apparently autocorrects chapati to chapatti.’
- ‘I remember back in the day one could set up Microsoft Word to "autocorrect" common misspellings.’
- ‘My iPhone keeps autocorrecting when I don't want it to.’
- ‘It has the standard support for expanding small text snippets into full phrases, but also supports variables, autocorrects spelling, emulates key presses, and much more.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.