Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mechanism for the automatic substitution of one CD or record for another during use.
- ‘Options of a six-CD autochanger and metallic paint are offered across the range.’
- ‘The most common extra taken up by new car owners is having a CD autochanger installed.’
- ‘As well as the glass roof and roof rails, the test car's impressive list of standard kit items includes six airbags, climate control air-conditioning, electric windows, a six-speaker remote-control radio and five-disc CD autochanger.’
- ‘‘This one's got a ten CD autochanger,’ he continues.’
- ‘Other options include 6-disc in-dash CD autochanger, sunroof and parking distance sensor.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.