One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mechanism for the automatic substitution of one CD or record for another during use.
- ‘‘This one's got a ten CD autochanger,’ he continues.’
- ‘Options of a six-CD autochanger and metallic paint are offered across the range.’
- ‘Other options include 6-disc in-dash CD autochanger, sunroof and parking distance sensor.’
- ‘The most common extra taken up by new car owners is having a CD autochanger installed.’
- ‘As well as the glass roof and roof rails, the test car's impressive list of standard kit items includes six airbags, climate control air-conditioning, electric windows, a six-speaker remote-control radio and five-disc CD autochanger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.