Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mechanism for the automatic substitution of one CD or record for another during use.
- ‘Options of a six-CD autochanger and metallic paint are offered across the range.’
- ‘Other options include 6-disc in-dash CD autochanger, sunroof and parking distance sensor.’
- ‘The most common extra taken up by new car owners is having a CD autochanger installed.’
- ‘‘This one's got a ten CD autochanger,’ he continues.’
- ‘As well as the glass roof and roof rails, the test car's impressive list of standard kit items includes six airbags, climate control air-conditioning, electric windows, a six-speaker remote-control radio and five-disc CD autochanger.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.