One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If the catalyst itself is the product of biological processes, the reaction cycle is called autocatalytic.’
- ‘During the autocatalytic cycle of growth and reproduction of higher plants, the embryo in the seed grows, under suitable conditions, to form a plant with leaves and roots.’
- ‘At elevated oxygen pressures, beta-carotene loses its antioxidant activity and shows an autocatalytic pro-oxidant effect.’
- ‘A change in the gene - a mutation - results not in the destruction of its autocatalytic power but in a modification of the autocatalytic process that now duplicates the altered gene.’
- ‘This is a complex autocatalytic oxidation-reduction reaction in which one of the active species changes color on oxidation.’
- ‘The observations also suggest that ethylene in ripening is regulated entirely in an autocatalytic manner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.