Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The new facility is a major step in our strategy for the growth of our global autocatalyst business.’
- ‘The Division has opened a new autocatalyst manufacturing facility at its main site.’
- ‘The amount of palladium used in autocatalysts in the 1990s was very high compared to platinum.’
- ‘Self-propagation occurs when the autocatalyst diffuses into the reactive medium, initiating reaction and creating more autocatalyst.’
- ‘In Japan, demand for platinum autocatalysts rose steeply in 2003 and 2004 because of new regulations governing emissions from heavy-duty diesel vehicles.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.