One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Catalysis of a reaction by one of its products.
- ‘The most distinctive property of the gene, said Muller, is its capacity for self-propagation, or autocatalysis, whereby it converts some of the surrounding cytoplasmic material into an end product identical with itself.’
- ‘He had begun a study of prion autocatalysis in yeast and became interested in the significance of polymorphisms in human genes that encode molecules involved in drug transport and metabolism.’
- ‘It seems that amino acids are indeed the result of autocatalysis.’
- ‘That is, we would need to know the exact concentration of the photoproducts in order to determine the rate constant for autocatalysis.’
- ‘By autocatalysis or autocatalytic evolution he refers to ‘intrinsically driven and self-propelled’ biological change.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.