One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A device which sets the exposure automatically on a camera.
- ‘See, I bought my current camera back in 1993 or so, and although it's a decent camera, I'm not happy with its auto-exposures.’
- ‘Some auto-exposure cameras make this compensation automatically; on others you have to do it manually.’
- 1.1mass noun The facility to set exposure automatically.‘a camcorder with auto-exposure’
- ‘This display shows that the camera is in auto-exposure mode and is shooting at 1/60 second!’
- ‘Photographs were taken using a camera with auto-exposure facility.’
- ‘Getting correct exposure with most simple auto-exposure cameras is easy: press the shutter button and the camera does the rest.’
- ‘There's no autofocus, no auto-exposure, no auto-film-winding, no auto-nothing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.