Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘And finally, does authoritativeness necessarily imply repressive authority?’
- ‘He has had no problem mastering the tone of authoritativeness.’
- ‘Parental support, warmth, and authoritativeness are also connected with positive outcomes in adolescents.’
- ‘However, it also represents an important element in creating a sense of authoritativeness on the part of the ethnographer.’
- ‘What he lacks in scholarly authoritativeness, he makes up for in readability: this is an enjoyable journey through the ups and downs of Machiavelli's life.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.