Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The creation of programs and databases for computer applications such as computer-assisted learning or multimedia products.[as modifier] ‘an authoring system’
- ‘The lightest models may not have all the bells and whistles, but they will usually serve for short trips unless you do serious multimedia authoring while on the road.’
- ‘Aside from that, there is also lots of authoring software available these days.’
- ‘It is increasingly the case that Web content and services are developed using a variety of more or less sophisticated authoring tools, packages etc.’
- ‘Traditionally, DVD authoring has been an expensive affair.’
- ‘DVD burners are rapidly becoming cost-effective tools for authoring DVD video discs, backing up files and as CD burners to boot.’
- ‘Some website authoring software packages only allow you to entire plain, unformatted text.’
- ‘Certainly if you need the added performance - for example, you're doing fairly serious multimedia content authoring - then the added price may be worth the added productivity gain.’
- ‘The program reduces all your authoring efforts to three simple clicks, and when the DVD is ready, you just have to put it into the player.’
- ‘This is based on a professional music authoring package.’
- ‘It has most of the features you would expect from a full-featured content management system, including distributed authoring of content, workflow and support for user roles and groups.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.