One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I still utilize an auteurist model (as most critics do when talking about films, even if they don't necessarily attribute the auteur to the director, it can be collectivized, etc.) because the auteur is a useful organizing principle.’
- ‘But I associated him with the auteurist moment in film criticism, and I wanted to pick someone like Nicholas Ray or Minnelli, who had been important to the French in the 1950s.’
- ‘Still, auteurist aims are diverse enough that it's still possible to find filmmakers who have chosen to go down less traveled paths.’
- ‘Rarely has an actress of her beauty and status gone so completely auteurist in her approach to choosing projects.’
- ‘I want studios to be financing director-driven, auteurist cinema, as they did in the '70s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.