One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Transaction costs for countries that pursue autarkic economic policies are also perceived to be lower than other countries since they tend not to rely on external economic relationships.’
- ‘We have the rare privilege of watching up close as a formerly socialist, autarkic economy peacefully attempts to make the transition to a market-based, rule-of-law economy.’
- ‘Although he is very much a nationalist, and finds himself close to the antiglobalization movement, he does not espouse an autarkic turn-back-the-clock, close-down-the-border solution.’
- ‘These activists oppose international trade altogether and want every local area to retreat into a self-sufficient autarkic state.’
- ‘At the same time, there were many manufacturers and mechanics whose businesses had been profitable only during the autarkic wartime conditions.’
- ‘The Soviet Union was supposedly making economic strides; newly independent states were choosing autarkic collectivism.’
- ‘His autarkic economic policies demand that the government has complete control of foreign currency transactions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.