One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tektite from the strewn field in Australia.
- ‘In regard to the Australites, it is clear from cross sectional analysis that they are a remelted object.’
- ‘Charles Darwin made the first scientific study of tektites (Australites) during his famous five year voyage on HMS Beagle.’
- ‘The whole tektite subject has been problematic for generations, and the Australites nicely capture and expand this theme.’
- ‘The flanged Australites are the most fascinating of the tektites and their surface features are the best understood.’
- ‘Many thousands of Australites have been washed into shallow lakes or depressions and are now found on claypans, and shallow drainage depressions.’
- ‘This Australite tektite is an example of rare tektites which have flanges around their margins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.