One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That most Australia of Australianisms, ‘fair dinkum’ has been baffling our finest linguo-cosmologists for decades.’
- ‘Personally it sounds like one of those great Australianisms, where a word has been borrowed from an act of parliament and ended up in the vernacular.’
- ‘The Australian National Dictionary is a historical dictionary of some 10,000 Australianisms.’
- ‘There are Australianisms of language and tone, Australian touchstones of reference, that should be consciously preserved.’
- ‘It was a strange collection of abbreviations and Australianisms which I had totally forgotten in the intervening years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.