One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Items relating to or characteristic of Australia.‘from a young age he had a fascination for Australiana’
- ‘For the true-blue price of half a million dollars, this piece of Australiana is all yours.’
- ‘His performance pays perverse homage to an entire tradition of Australiana.’
- ‘These extraordinarily rare Spanish documents are the most valuable among all printed Australiana.’
- ‘For American visitors there are the standard Australiana items: marsupial soft toys, boomerangs, pictures of Uluru.’
- ‘The turn of the century Mitchell Wing houses an unrivalled collection of Australiana.’
- ‘The centre will host a range of free activities, all with an Australiana theme.’
- ‘If you haven't been to this icon of Australiana, rescind your citizenship immediately.’
- ‘This run-down, tin-roof dwelling in lonely bush country is a gorgeous chunk of rustic Australiana.’
- ‘The tour turned her onto Australiana in a big way.’
- ‘The site contains images that have been specially created, with a thick slather of Australiana.’
Mid 19th century: from Australia + -ana.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.