One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An orange or yellow terrestrial flatworm up to 8 cm in length, accidentally introduced from Australia to Britain where it is destroying earthworm populations.
- ‘A second introduced species, the Australian flatworm, has been spreading northwards in Britain.’
- ‘One subplot deals with Australian flatworms that were introduced to Scotland.’
- ‘The Australian flatworm likes it a wee bit warmer and they're more frequently seen in the south of England.’
- ‘So far, the NZ and Australian flatworms have not become established in continental Europe.’
- ‘The New Zealand flatworm is concentrated in southern Scotland and the Australian flatworm in southwest England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.