One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An orange or yellow terrestrial flatworm up to 8 cm in length, accidentally introduced from Australia to Britain where it is destroying earthworm populations.
- ‘The New Zealand flatworm is concentrated in southern Scotland and the Australian flatworm in southwest England.’
- ‘So far, the NZ and Australian flatworms have not become established in continental Europe.’
- ‘One subplot deals with Australian flatworms that were introduced to Scotland.’
- ‘A second introduced species, the Australian flatworm, has been spreading northwards in Britain.’
- ‘The Australian flatworm likes it a wee bit warmer and they're more frequently seen in the south of England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.