One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for crawl (sense 2 of the noun)
- ‘By using the ‘new Australian crawl,’ the Australians are swimming with technically more efficient strokes.’
- ‘And probably the most significant development in the history of swimming world-wide, was the invention of the stroke known as the Australian crawl.’
- ‘I really appreciated the article in Swimming World regarding the ‘new Australian crawl.’’
- ‘This stroke became known as the Australian crawl.’
- ‘When looking at Kellerman swimming the Australian crawl in 1912, one wonders if history is repeating itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.