Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for crawl
- ‘And probably the most significant development in the history of swimming world-wide, was the invention of the stroke known as the Australian crawl.’
- ‘This stroke became known as the Australian crawl.’
- ‘When looking at Kellerman swimming the Australian crawl in 1912, one wonders if history is repeating itself.’
- ‘I really appreciated the article in Swimming World regarding the ‘new Australian crawl.’’
- ‘By using the ‘new Australian crawl,’ the Australians are swimming with technically more efficient strokes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.