Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for crawl
- ‘I really appreciated the article in Swimming World regarding the ‘new Australian crawl.’’
- ‘When looking at Kellerman swimming the Australian crawl in 1912, one wonders if history is repeating itself.’
- ‘This stroke became known as the Australian crawl.’
- ‘And probably the most significant development in the history of swimming world-wide, was the invention of the stroke known as the Australian crawl.’
- ‘By using the ‘new Australian crawl,’ the Australians are swimming with technically more efficient strokes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.