One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the numerous Aboriginal languages spoken in Australia.‘the film's title is a word in Aranda, an Australian Aboriginal language’
- ‘He has extensive fieldwork experience on Australian Aboriginal languages.’
- ‘Her expertise includes, among other things, Australian aboriginal languages.’
- ‘The languages of the Torres Strait also comprise elements of both Papuan and Australian Aboriginal languages.’
- ‘I believe that the arguments for the maintenance of Australian aboriginal languages are relevant to all minority languages in Australia.’
- ‘His earliest research interests were in Australian Aboriginal languages, a field in which he continued to maintain an interest.’
- ‘The study looked at Australian Aboriginal languages such as Pintupi and Pitjantjatjara.’
- ‘All Australian Aboriginal languages south of the northern coastal region belong to one language family.’
- ‘Budgerigar means "good cockatoo" in an Australian aboriginal language.’
- ‘Both works have titles taken from Australian aboriginal languages which deal with landscapes and space.’
- ‘Australian Aboriginal languages are my forte, but there aren't many new words coming into the language now from Aboriginal languages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.