One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the numerous Aboriginal languages spoken in Australia.‘the film's title is a word in Aranda, an Australian Aboriginal language’
- ‘The languages of the Torres Strait also comprise elements of both Papuan and Australian Aboriginal languages.’
- ‘Australian Aboriginal languages are my forte, but there aren't many new words coming into the language now from Aboriginal languages.’
- ‘I believe that the arguments for the maintenance of Australian aboriginal languages are relevant to all minority languages in Australia.’
- ‘All Australian Aboriginal languages south of the northern coastal region belong to one language family.’
- ‘The study looked at Australian Aboriginal languages such as Pintupi and Pitjantjatjara.’
- ‘He has extensive fieldwork experience on Australian Aboriginal languages.’
- ‘His earliest research interests were in Australian Aboriginal languages, a field in which he continued to maintain an interest.’
- ‘Both works have titles taken from Australian aboriginal languages which deal with landscapes and space.’
- ‘Budgerigar means "good cockatoo" in an Australian aboriginal language.’
- ‘Her expertise includes, among other things, Australian aboriginal languages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.