One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A national public holiday in Australia, commemorating the founding on 26 January 1788 of the colony of New South Wales.
- ‘Darwin Naval Base provided 16 people for a tri-service guard that paraded at the Stadium for an Australia Day ceremony.’
- ‘The Commonwealth created an Australia Day Council in 1946 to raise public awareness of the day.’
- ‘She had arrived home from America only two weeks earlier just to end up in Canberra to perform in an Australia Day concert.’
- ‘She will announce the Citizenship awards, various sporting awards and deliver an Australia Day Address.’
- ‘Young people are certainly not forgotten in the Australia Day celebrations, and one of the great activities is an Australia Day Breakdance Competition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.