One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A national public holiday in Australia, commemorating the founding on 26 January 1788 of the colony of New South Wales.
- ‘She had arrived home from America only two weeks earlier just to end up in Canberra to perform in an Australia Day concert.’
- ‘She will announce the Citizenship awards, various sporting awards and deliver an Australia Day Address.’
- ‘The Commonwealth created an Australia Day Council in 1946 to raise public awareness of the day.’
- ‘Young people are certainly not forgotten in the Australia Day celebrations, and one of the great activities is an Australia Day Breakdance Competition.’
- ‘Darwin Naval Base provided 16 people for a tri-service guard that paraded at the Stadium for an Australia Day ceremony.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.