One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Australasia.
- ‘The Australasian market saw sales fall by 7 percent over the review period.’
- ‘His account of his Australasian years was published in 1967.’
- ‘At the Australasian championships, Stan won the javelin title, a feat he repeated the next year.’
- ‘It is a bold, if sometimes perplexing, exploration of Australasian cooking.’
- ‘The difficulty in assembling athletes from so far afield was demonstrated by the experiences of the Australasian team.’
A native or inhabitant of Australasia.
- ‘They're similar to US vehicles but are a brand familiar to Australasians.’
- ‘Europeans and Australasians are taught from an early age to look beyond their borders.’
- ‘Australasians in their turn can understand pretty much everything that people say in the UK and the US.’
- ‘We are Aussies—or perhaps Australasians with our two passports.’
- ‘Everyone must think that Australasians are obsessed with the Olympics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.