One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Australasia.
- ‘It is a bold, if sometimes perplexing, exploration of Australasian cooking.’
- ‘The difficulty in assembling athletes from so far afield was demonstrated by the experiences of the Australasian team.’
- ‘The Australasian market saw sales fall by 7 percent over the review period.’
- ‘At the Australasian championships, Stan won the javelin title, a feat he repeated the next year.’
- ‘His account of his Australasian years was published in 1967.’
A native or inhabitant of Australasia.
- ‘We are Aussies—or perhaps Australasians with our two passports.’
- ‘Europeans and Australasians are taught from an early age to look beyond their borders.’
- ‘Everyone must think that Australasians are obsessed with the Olympics.’
- ‘They're similar to US vehicles but are a brand familiar to Australasians.’
- ‘Australasians in their turn can understand pretty much everything that people say in the UK and the US.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.