One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘she's encouraging more women in the Air Force to have a go at Aussie Rules’another term for Australian Rules
- ‘Aussie Rules in Central Australia is on a real high.’
- ‘I would also suggest that all intercounty and club games should have two referees as they have in Aussie Rules.’
- ‘At the 1947 Hobart Carnival, he was vice-captain of the NSW Aussie Rules team.’
- ‘He is playing in only his second season of Aussie Rules.’
- ‘They donned footy shorts for a game of Aussie Rules against a much stronger local side.’
- ‘Australia did not enter the event, which is designed to promote Aussie Rules football worldwide.’
- ‘The game's administrators need to accept that sponsorship dollars are a response to the mass interest Aussie Rules arouses.’
- ‘The Aussie Rules action promises to be hot at this year's national inter-service championships.’
- ‘Like wickets for a giant's game of cricket, these form the goals for Aussie Rules.’
- ‘The smell of liniment will pervade Traeger Park on Sunday, heralding the start of the 2003 Aussie Rules season in Alice Springs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.