One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Still, his regime did not start off particularly auspiciously.’
- ‘I have to say that our weekend in Toronto didn't begin too auspiciously.’
- ‘The first day of the new century had started auspiciously with the discovery of what many regarded as a new planet between Mars and Jupiter.’
- ‘The day didn't start particularly auspiciously - the computer fell off my bike while I was loading it into the car, and I didn't notice.’
- ‘Last year was a much slower season and this one didn't start too auspiciously either.’
- ‘His career started auspiciously with a silver medal at the 1991 World Junior Championships.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.