One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But there is no substitute for seeing, feeling, auscultating, and directly observing a patient.’
- ‘Five affected kittens were auscultated by a board-certified cardiologist.’
- ‘The heart was greatly enlarged, and a loud to-and-fro murmur was audible in all auscultated areas.’
- ‘I had to move to the other side of the bed to auscultate breath and bowel sounds.’
- ‘For women in our unit who are at low risk we are currently auscultating the fetal heart every 30 minutes in the first stage and after every contraction in the second stage of labour.’
- ‘The nurse auscultates the patient's lungs and assesses them for inflation and rales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.