One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was an exceptional auroral glow over the entire sky.’
- ‘People as far south as Virginia were treated to fantastic auroral displays in the night sky.’
- ‘Severe solar weather is often heralded by dramatic auroral displays, northern and southern lights, and magnetic storms that occasionally affect satellites, radio communications and power systems.’
- ‘Super-energized particles from the radiation belts and from auroral storms can damage the sensitive electronics of satellites.’
- ‘But, as the team observed, although Saturn's aurora do share characteristics with the other planets, they are fundamentally unlike the auroral displays on either Earth or Jupiter.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the potential exists for periods of strong auroral storm conditions developing during the next several days (at least).’
- ‘A few years ago it was suggested that auroral phenomena could exist on Mars too.’
- ‘Vivid red auroral rays glowed over all over North America, stretching as far south as Arizona, southern California, Mississippi, and Texas.’
- ‘During auroral light shows, extraneous electric currents would flow through the wires, superseding the normal telegraph currents and making transmission of messages almost impossible.’
- ‘Radio waves appear to be tied to the brightest auroral spots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.