One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, stubby auk (seabird) found in the North Pacific, typically with grey underparts.
- ‘Of course, this magical land would be home to armies of auklets.’
- ‘In the interim, the auklet egg was left in a carton buried in the sand to keep it safe and cool.’
- ‘Crested auklets have a conspicuous black forehead-crest, white auricular plumes, an orange bill with accessory plates, and a citruslike plumage odor.’
- ‘The removal of these predators has benefitted many other bird species on the islands, including puffins, murres, and auklets.’
- ‘However, several unusual attributes of crested auklets, Aethia cristatella, warranted further investigation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.