One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A young auditioner for San Francisco Ballet School was paraded through national talk shows because, it was charged, she was turned down for reasons other than her talent.’
- ‘Sight reading and ensemble materials will be supplied by the auditioner.’
- ‘At least one school issues a blacklist of speeches not to be used and every auditioner has a mental list of those he / she is fed up with sitting through AGAIN.’
- ‘The successful auditioner will join cast members Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry; Emma Watson, who is Hermione Granger; and Rupert Grint, who plays Ron Weasley.’
- ‘I'm a terrible auditioner.’
- ‘As he said to one auditioner: "What angers me is that people like yourself who have the most attitude have the least talent."’
- ‘Indeed, I had no sooner picked up the compulsory readings than I discovered there was no line before me, and the last auditioner was just walking out of the room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.