One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The successful auditioner will join cast members Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry; Emma Watson, who is Hermione Granger; and Rupert Grint, who plays Ron Weasley.’
- ‘Sight reading and ensemble materials will be supplied by the auditioner.’
- ‘Indeed, I had no sooner picked up the compulsory readings than I discovered there was no line before me, and the last auditioner was just walking out of the room.’
- ‘As he said to one auditioner: "What angers me is that people like yourself who have the most attitude have the least talent."’
- ‘A young auditioner for San Francisco Ballet School was paraded through national talk shows because, it was charged, she was turned down for reasons other than her talent.’
- ‘I'm a terrible auditioner.’
- ‘At least one school issues a blacklist of speeches not to be used and every auditioner has a mental list of those he / she is fed up with sitting through AGAIN.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.