Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Detailed coding and memos written throughout the analysis enhanced auditability, enabling an examination of the ‘decision trail’ used.’
- ‘In the context of maintaining security and also of of maintaining auditability, privacy must be made an absolute priority.’
- ‘It seems that paper ballots plus optical readers just might provide the ideal marriage of speed and unimpeachable auditability.’
- ‘And we had to meet various requirements on privacy, security, and auditability.’
- ‘On-lining gaming, we are told, has a high degree of credibility, transparency and auditability.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.