One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An audiometer produces sounds of different volumes and pitch (frequencies).’
- ‘He invented the audiometer to measure hearing.’
- ‘All children passed a standard audiometric screening, using a portable audiometer.’
- ‘He gave me an audiometer test and, sure enough, my hearing in one ear at high decibels was considerably below normal.’
- ‘Screening audiometers for office use generally test at several frequencies in the speech range between 500 and 4,000 Hz.’
- ‘They set up a special microphone attached to an audiometer to measure the sound.’
- ‘Hearing was measured in each ear with standard audiometers at frequency steps from 500 to 8,000 Hertz.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.