One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science and medicine concerned with the sense of hearing.
- ‘After having your hearing tested at the audiology department of a hospital, a technician will take a mould of your ear so that the hearing aid can be fitted perfectly.’
- ‘The head of audiology agrees that in many cases digital hearing aids are better.’
- ‘She received a master's degree in speech pathology and audiology in 1972 from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.’
- ‘However, there are concerns about waiting times in audiology and secondary mental health services, demonstrating that additional investment is very much needed.’
- ‘This is usually the procedure in every audiology clinic before considering a hearing aid fitting.’
- ‘The course is being offered by the department of audiology and speech-language pathology in the College of Science.’
- ‘Other disciplines moving in the same direction are physical therapy, occupational therapy, optometry, and audiology.’
- ‘He denied the existence of any hearing problem and appeared at the audiology clinic only at the repeated urging of his wife.’
- ‘Support services may include special education, speech therapy, occupational or physical therapy, counseling, audiology, medical services, nursing, vision or hearing therapy, and many others.’
- ‘The state associations for speech-language pathology and audiology also maintain listings of licensed and certified therapists.’
- ‘The ambulance was kind enough to book me in, although I was already late for my appointment with the audiology department.’
- ‘Of late, audiology has incorporated digital technology.’
- ‘Early use of hearing aids plus support from audiology services can improve language development in infants with sensorineural hearing loss.’
- ‘Allied health consists of various fields such as physical therapy, speech/language pathology and audiology, and respiratory care.’
- ‘His company manufactures and exports hearing and audiology equipment.’
- ‘Services on offer include podiatry, speech and language facilities, audiology and hearing therapy, and family planning.’
- ‘A person who experiences hearing loss can have a range of tests, usually at an audiology clinic of the local hospital or health centre.’
- ‘These will include representatives from obstetrics, audiology, infection control and physiotherapy.’
- ‘Facilities for ear, nose and throat, audiology and dermatology patients and a new renal dialysis unit are also included.’
- ‘His degree, a doctorate in audiology from a Florida university, followed two years of part time study.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.