One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A graphic record produced by audiometry.
- ‘The degree of hearing loss is measured by carrying out an audiogram.’
- ‘A standard pure tone audiogram, although restricted in its sensitivity, is readily accessible in most centers and should be performed at annual assessment.’
- ‘The audiogram measures air conduction and bone conduction and presents them graphically across the hearing frequencies.’
- ‘An audiogram did not demonstrate any hearing loss.’
- ‘An audiogram showed a mixed hearing loss in both ears, as a result of which arrangements were to be made for him to be fitted with a hearing aid.’
- ‘In addition to the above, data was retrieved about age, sex, preoperative and postoperative hearing and the timing of the postoperative audiogram.’
- ‘Physicians providing occupational health services to a company may supervise the hearing conservation program, review abnormal audiograms and advise the program administrator.’
- ‘However, it can be inferred from the wording that he had access to both the hospital charts and the audiogram results of the plaintiff.’
- ‘An audiogram showed a down-sloping sensorineural hearing loss in that ear.’
- ‘A formal audiogram establishes a base from which to pursue more advanced diagnostic testing.’
- ‘Results are then converted to a hearing-response audiogram, which compares them to those of young adults with normal hearing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.