One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A graphic record produced by audiometry.
- ‘An audiogram showed a down-sloping sensorineural hearing loss in that ear.’
- ‘The audiogram measures air conduction and bone conduction and presents them graphically across the hearing frequencies.’
- ‘A formal audiogram establishes a base from which to pursue more advanced diagnostic testing.’
- ‘However, it can be inferred from the wording that he had access to both the hospital charts and the audiogram results of the plaintiff.’
- ‘A standard pure tone audiogram, although restricted in its sensitivity, is readily accessible in most centers and should be performed at annual assessment.’
- ‘Results are then converted to a hearing-response audiogram, which compares them to those of young adults with normal hearing.’
- ‘Physicians providing occupational health services to a company may supervise the hearing conservation program, review abnormal audiograms and advise the program administrator.’
- ‘An audiogram did not demonstrate any hearing loss.’
- ‘An audiogram showed a mixed hearing loss in both ears, as a result of which arrangements were to be made for him to be fitted with a hearing aid.’
- ‘The degree of hearing loss is measured by carrying out an audiogram.’
- ‘In addition to the above, data was retrieved about age, sex, preoperative and postoperative hearing and the timing of the postoperative audiogram.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.