One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A typist who transcribes letters or other documents from recorded dictation.
- ‘‘I am at the end of the line and now I must just wait to hear when I must leave,’ said Daphne, 39, who works as an audio typist at Southampton General Hospital.’
- ‘These links remove the need to have audio typists or reporters on site at each country location for the purpose of transcription.’
- ‘We are looking for the very best in audio typists to work within a variety of exciting projects across the West End.’
- ‘The tapes can be sent to audio typists for transcription, if you can't type.’
- ‘A part-time accurate audio typist is required with good typing speeds and proficient word processing skills.’
- ‘Dolphin is currently seeking proofreaders and audio typists who possess background knowledge in science fields.’
- ‘We are currently looking to recruit experienced audio typists to work for a range of organisations in both the public and private sector.’
- ‘Prestigious translation organisation is seeking experienced audio typists with French or German mother tongue and fluent English.’
- ‘In many companies shorthand typists are being replaced by audio typists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.