One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A typist who transcribes letters or other documents from recorded dictation.
- ‘A part-time accurate audio typist is required with good typing speeds and proficient word processing skills.’
- ‘Dolphin is currently seeking proofreaders and audio typists who possess background knowledge in science fields.’
- ‘The tapes can be sent to audio typists for transcription, if you can't type.’
- ‘‘I am at the end of the line and now I must just wait to hear when I must leave,’ said Daphne, 39, who works as an audio typist at Southampton General Hospital.’
- ‘We are currently looking to recruit experienced audio typists to work for a range of organisations in both the public and private sector.’
- ‘We are looking for the very best in audio typists to work within a variety of exciting projects across the West End.’
- ‘These links remove the need to have audio typists or reporters on site at each country location for the purpose of transcription.’
- ‘In many companies shorthand typists are being replaced by audio typists.’
- ‘Prestigious translation organisation is seeking experienced audio typists with French or German mother tongue and fluent English.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.