One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A frequency of oscillation capable of being perceived by the human ear, generally between 20 and 20,000 Hz.
- ‘It is designed to faithfully reproduce and amplify analog signals well beyond the normal audio frequency range of 20 to 20k Hz.’
- ‘Such a signal resides in the audio frequency band.’
- ‘Spectrogram analyses of the audio frequency of the imitations were nearly perfect matches to the original sounds.’
- ‘Now, the station's six o'clock newscast can be heard in Spanish Monday through Friday on a separate audio frequency on newer TVs and VCRs.’
- ‘However, we believe most engineers would have discounted adverse effects from audio frequency magnetic fields at a distance of 60 to 70 metres.’
- ‘One objection that had been raised in the past is that this rate is too slow for motors to cause oscillations at audio frequencies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.