One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of not being representative of a type, group, or class.‘we would stress the atypicality of the presentation’
- ‘The sexual subgroups also differed on a measure of gender atypicality in adulthood.’
- ‘Because increased atypicality is assumed to increase the variance of offers, increased atypicality raises the selling price.’
- ‘His atypicality is mild, although he does show a pretty big disparity in his skills.’
- ‘Judges rated the atypicality of the prosody in samples of conversation from participants in each of the three groups.’
- ‘This study examined perceived behavioral atypicality as a predictor of children's school-based adjustment.’
- ‘Bushy Beach (perhaps the name indicates its atypicality) just south of Oamaru springs to mind.’
- ‘As we learned in Intermediate Statistics with "small" samples regarding inferential test statistics, we do run some risk of "atypicality" due to the "small" sample size.’
- ‘The famous Capital Beltway, the very emblem of atypicality, lies about 50 feet from the terrible new parking garage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.