Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘For those who have the luxury of regular access to natural settings suitable for meditation and attunement to the Earth, this may truly be the case.’
- ‘Learning is already under way at this stage, involving, for example, the infant's affective attunement to the mother.’
- ‘My body and soul serve to condition this effort with manual, physical, and spiritual attunement, not unlike the tuning of a musical instrument.’
- ‘Wicca, witchcraft, paganism, whatever you want to call it, is more like an attunement with the forces of nature, a response to them.’
- ‘Anyway the Bowen technique, if you believe it, allows the body to reset itself and heal itself via a series of gentle attunements.’
- ‘The physical daring, coupled with the sensuousness and intimacy, and the feeling of intuitive attunement between these two fascinating dancers, makes Push nearly, but not quite, a triumph.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.