Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘According to the theory, different individuals possess different attributional styles.’
- ‘Their interpretation of the attributional capacities of chimpanzees now seems to have been somewhat overly optimistic.’
- ‘Recent developmental research suggests that very young children do show attributional patterns.’
- ‘These three attributional responses were analyzed separately by gender.’
- ‘They have proposed that there are three important attributional dimensions that will influence how an event is experienced.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.