Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Therefore, when children have mastered automaticity of handwriting, more attentional capacity is available for comprehension and problem solving.’
- ‘Laboratory studies have shown that our attentional processes can work so fast and efficiently that they can protect us from consciously noticing things that might upset us, such as obscene or disturbing words.’
- ‘Neural growth results in improved attentional skills: adolescents can pay attention longer than children, and they can better ignore distractions.’
- ‘Recognition of the role of attentional processes in overcoming disorientation suggests two further mechanisms that might potentially link anxiety and dizziness.’
- ‘Working with animals is remarkably effective with students who have attentional difficulties, disruptive behaviors, or a general lack of interest in reading.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.