Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be attained; achievable.‘yields in excess of 6 % are easily attainable’‘an attainable target’
achievable, obtainable, accessible, within reach, at hand, reachable, winnable, securable, realizablepracticable, workable, manageable, realistic, reasonable, viable, feasible, possible, within the bounds of possibility, within the realms of possibility, potential, conceivable, imaginabledoable, get-at-able, up for grabsaccomplishableView synonyms
- ‘Planting trees is simple, attainable and the results can be seen right away.’
- ‘Once we believe the goals are attainable, we invest the effort and resources necessary to ensure success.’
- ‘For example, losing 20 pounds in three months is a realistic and attainable goal.’
- ‘Proportionate justice is neither attainable nor desirable.’
- ‘So when we say five per cent growth rate - that is an attainable target by the end of 2005.’
- ‘This superior wisdom is only attainable through the practice of meditation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.