One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be attained; achievable.‘yields in excess of 6 % are easily attainable’‘an attainable target’
achievable, obtainable, accessible, within reach, at hand, reachable, winnable, securable, realizableView synonyms
- ‘Planting trees is simple, attainable and the results can be seen right away.’
- ‘This superior wisdom is only attainable through the practice of meditation.’
- ‘So when we say five per cent growth rate - that is an attainable target by the end of 2005.’
- ‘Once we believe the goals are attainable, we invest the effort and resources necessary to ensure success.’
- ‘For example, losing 20 pounds in three months is a realistic and attainable goal.’
- ‘Proportionate justice is neither attainable nor desirable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.