One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in lacrosse) a player in an exclusively offensive position.‘Kiernan's skills on offense may be traced to his roots as an attackman before switching to defence’
- ‘This year's winner made a huge impact on the offensive end of the field, playing primarily as an attackman but also running out of the midfield at times.’
- ‘The attackman from Duxbury tallied three points in the semifinal loss to second-ranked Virginia.’
- ‘All three starting attackmen scored at least one goal for Maryland, as did all three starting midfielders.’
- ‘The sophomore attackman protects the ball while fighting off a UMass opponent at Jordan Field on Tuesday.’
- ‘The attackman consistently found gaps in the defense, scoring all of his game-high five goals in an eight-minute span.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.