Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An approach to raising infants that aims to promote a close relationship between the baby and its parents by methods such as feeding on demand and letting the baby sleep with its parents.
- ‘I have practiced attachment parenting and considered my children's needs and feelings for many years (and they have turned out great), but I've never spoken in the unnatural ways she quotes in the article.’
- ‘The acceptance, belief, and practice of attachment parenting can be a healing experience for the parent while creating the best possible environment for the child.’
- ‘I found out about attachment parenting from a lady at our local natural food store.’
- ‘Last week I received a call from a newspaper reporter who wanted to know what alternative parenting was and whether it was the same as attachment parenting.’
- ‘In our society, attachment parenting is seen as just another choice in an array of parenting options and is typically viewed as the most difficult and least appealing choice.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.