Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Optional attachable speakers are available for that purpose.’
- ‘it was held that such a balance was a debt attachable by means of a garnishee order.’
- ‘If you're planning to use your hand-held computer to write papers, it's best to invest in an attachable pocket keyboard, which sells for about US $100.’
- ‘Anyone intending to write e-mails of any reasonable length is probably going to need an attachable keyboard, for instance, rather than use the built-in keypad.’
- ‘It may be thought unfair to creditors that the asset represented by future pension rights should not be attachable.’
- ‘There are numerous other attachable laser sights.’
- ‘So I bought an attachable flash and became the only person with a non-snazzy camera to avoid red eye.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.