One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An autopsy was performed, which showed atrophic muscle fibers microscopically.’
- ‘Computed tomography of the adrenal glands revealed both glands to be small and atrophic with evidence of bilateral calcification.’
- ‘Clinical trials have not proved any drugs to be effective in preventing or treating atrophic or exudative age-related macular degeneration.’
- ‘If multifocal atrophic gastritis is found, repeat surveillance every one to three years should be considered.’
- ‘In atrophic disease, the macula usually shows areas of depigmentation.’
- ‘There has also been an increased incidence of atrophic gastritis and achlorhydria in patients with gluten sensitivity.’
- ‘Sometimes the lesions heal at one place with a white atrophic scar and then spread actively to the neighboring skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.