One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Clinical trials have not proved any drugs to be effective in preventing or treating atrophic or exudative age-related macular degeneration.’
- ‘There has also been an increased incidence of atrophic gastritis and achlorhydria in patients with gluten sensitivity.’
- ‘Sometimes the lesions heal at one place with a white atrophic scar and then spread actively to the neighboring skin.’
- ‘In atrophic disease, the macula usually shows areas of depigmentation.’
- ‘Computed tomography of the adrenal glands revealed both glands to be small and atrophic with evidence of bilateral calcification.’
- ‘An autopsy was performed, which showed atrophic muscle fibers microscopically.’
- ‘If multifocal atrophic gastritis is found, repeat surveillance every one to three years should be considered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.