One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But she'd told me calmly that I was grounded the whole vacation for behaving atrociously.’
- ‘As I have set out earlier, we have both suffered atrociously in the past and substantially depend on one another.’
- ‘After making my first tuition payment last week, I'm thinking of launching a one-man crusade against the atrociously high cost of higher education today.’
- ‘The drinks are atrociously overpriced and under-strong.’
- ‘Factory-farmed chickens are transported and slaughtered under atrociously inhumane conditions, says Weisberg.’
- ‘90 per cent of people here drive atrociously.’
- ‘Given the way mothers have been atrociously treated, who can blame young women for not being prepared to take the risk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.