One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the atrial and ventricular chambers of the heart, or the connection or coordination between them.
- ‘A 29-year-old woman was admitted to the hospital with complete atrioventricular conduction block and severe congestive heart failure.’
- ‘This acts as the heart's natural pacemaker by conveying electrical impulses to the atrioventricular node, which is located in between the upper and lower chambers.’
- ‘Prenatal scanning is now so sophisticated that in Britain over half of all cases of hypoplastic left heart and atrioventricular connections involving a single ventricle are now diagnosed before birth.’
- ‘Right coronary artery procedures are often associated with sinus arrest, atrioventricular block, idioventricular rhythm, and severe hypotension.’
- ‘Atrial tachycardia with atrioventricular block is typically seen with digoxin toxicity.’
- ‘Thus, after delay in the atrioventricular mode, atrial contraction is followed by rapid and coordinated contraction of the ventricles.’
- ‘The decrease in myocardial oxygen consumption was evidenced by a gradual decline in atrioventricular oxygen difference, indicating a decrease in myocardial oxygen uptake relative to supply.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.