One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
predicative Trembling.‘the breeze failed to set a single leaf atremble’
- ‘With Britain atremble with the thought of another summer of voyeuristic frenzy, Channel 4 was pumping out story after story about the adventures of the 10 new housemates.’
- ‘Given the sheer volume of these texts, and their kaleidoscopic content, the very thought of plunging into them leaves even the most determined researcher atremble.’
- ‘His touch set something inside her atremble, too.’
- ‘And so I spent the night, atremble, convinced that I had obliterated the school.’
- ‘The fly is atremble with fear as she sees the looming danger, tries to break free from the sticky threads, tries hard to escape, and is exhausting herself in her desperate attempts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.