One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic compound derived from triazine, used as an agricultural herbicide.
- ‘She has also added a gene to alfalfa that enables it to detoxify the herbicide atrazine.’
- ‘No unusually high levels of pesticides and metals or even oil and grease were detected from the run-off, although the common herbicide atrazine has been detected twice.’
- ‘The concern is that drainage discharge water can carry pollutants such as the herbicide atrazine, sediment, and nutrients to surface waters.’
- ‘I would also suggest that chemicals like atrazine and simazine, which have already been banned by a number of countries overseas, should be immediately withdrawn from registration here.’
- ‘Studies of people exposed to atrazine indicate that the chemical may be linked to a number of cancers, including prostate cancer and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.’
1960s: blend of amino and triazine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.