One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This in turn leads to gastric atony, floating kidney, hernia, rectal prolapse, uterine prolapse and other forms of prolapse.’
- ‘Following the birth of the neonate, the placenta was delivered and the patient began to experience severe hemorrhage, which was clinically attributed to uterine atony.’
- ‘This color can be seen frequently in chronic diseases of the stomach, especially in gastric atony.’
- ‘Postpartum uterine atony and hemorrhage can be effectively prevented with the use of oxytocin, but the optimal dosage and route of administration have not been established.’
- ‘The absence of bowel sounds for a full 5 minutes strongly suggests the existence of intestinal atony or ileus, which has many causes.’
- ‘Another complication suffered by these patients is bladder atony, in which the muscles of the bladder lose their tone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.